Monday, June 18, 2012

5K

Well, I did it.  I ran a 5K.  I finished a 5K. It was something else...  I thought that asking my hubby to take pictures would be a good idea.  I'm not having second thoughts.  (I'm glad he did though - when I gave birth to Carter I was so self-conscious about myself I wouldn't let any take pictures of me in the hospital.  I regret that now...)


Anyway, the race.  I met my goals - I didn't walk and I finished in under 35 minutes.  I think my time was 33:31, but I don't know that for sure.  



 Heather, me & Brandi.  I was so fun running with theses girls!!  It was Heather's first 5K and Brandi's 2nd.  They both are running in the Color Run - we will be in Texas.

 (We were joking that we should have taken a picture in an ambulance just for fun!!)

 My mom's sister, Jo, came down from South Dakota.  They did the one-mile fun run/walk.  

This is my trophy!  I finished 36th over all, but 2nd in my age bracket!  Bonus!!!!

So that's the story of my first 5K.  I will do another one and maybe more after that.  I might even work my way up to a 10K.  Honestly, my biggest challenge now is finding time to run AND having someone around to watch my kids!!  Currently, I run right after work so they are still at daycare, but I don't know if my daycare people would be very excited about keeping them an hour longer, if I decide to train for a 10K.  :)

0 comments: