Monday, August 29, 2011

No Tears

Update: The day was a success! I picked him up at 11:00 and as we were walking away, all the other kids were waving and yelling "Bye, Carter!" and Carter turned to me and said "Those are all my friends." :) Adorable... He said he painted me a picture of a school bus and they played in rice. Sounds like a good day. He was a little confused and worried about leaving all his school supplies there, but once I explained that he would go back every day and use them for other projects that seemed to help. Did I mention I got a call from the teacher 5 minutes after school started. Already? They were concerned about a bug bite on his leg that he said I "didn't know about." I told Miss B. that he was more than likely allergic to those like I am and not to worry.

I didn't cry! I almost did, but then I remembered this is part of life. Carter's going to preschool today is not the end of the world - it's the beginning of a whole new one! Kids are meant to grow up. Really, life would be pretty boring if our kids never grew, never did new things, never moved on. Up to now, I've noticed myself having two thoughts about my kids - either I can't wait for them to grow up and move out of the house or I wish them to stay little and cute forever!! I'm getting to the point now, especially with Carter, that I can't wait to see what God has in store for my kids!

These pictures were taken with my phone. Phone=poor quality.


I'm hoping he loves it. Nothing could be worse than for him to come home and NOT want to go back tomorrow... Crossing my fingers!!


1 comments:

Carrie Schreiber said...

So cute...he'll do great!!