Wednesday, March 30, 2011

6 Weeks

My baby girl is 6 weeks old today!! Can you believe it? Do I have pictures? Only about 190, but I'm gonna wait just another few days to post some. I go back to work on Monday. :( On the good side, my posts will be more regular again. In the last six weeks my heart has doubled with love having Gemma around. Just like when Carter was born, we can't hardly imagine or remember life without her. Carter has done well. He tells me several times a day "Mom, I love Gemma!" or "Hey - my baby sister's awake!" He and I are battling for power right now. I've thrown a few tantrums myself in the weeks I've been home and with some good advice from my best friends (Jeremy, Mom & Erica) I think I can win this power struggle. But boy, is he good at pushing the right buttons at the right time to get me worked up! Kids sure are smarter than people give them credit for! Going back to work is bittersweet. Of course I'd love to stay home, but I really miss the gal I work with and I feel good knowing that my kids are only 3 blocks away. I'm going to try to buzz up to Tiff's over my lunch break to nurse Gemma in hopes of making it longer than the 3 months like I did with Carter. Plus I have to go back to work, so I might as well make the best of it. See you Monday!!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Oh my goodness I can't believe she is 6mos! It just goes way to darn fast. I had such a hard time going back to work this time. Granite I only work 3 days but still. It was hard. It will be rough for you i am sure. But once you get into the swing you feel sane again! As for the nursing....I did it 6wks w/ Kennedy. She was a really hard one. I did it 10 months w/ Gentry and still going strong with Emery. It's worth all the work. I feel like its so rewarding. For them and me. Everyone is different though. I hope it goes well for you when you go back to work :) Happy 6 wk Gemma!

Kate said...

I meant 6 wks....sorry!