Tuesday, January 4, 2011

7 Weeks

That's right folks - this pregnancy is flying by! I only have 7 weeks left. I'm going to the doctor every two weeks now. Things are looking really good. I'm feeling really fat, although I've had people tell me that with my jacket on, they can't really tell I'm pregnant. I'm never sure how to take that... I had a friend tell me New Year's Eve that I looked really "tiny" for being so close to my due date. However, I'm still measuring right on the nose at every appt. so far. The heartbeat has been staying in the 150s at my most recent appts. I have given up being determined that it's a boy. Jeremy consistently refers to the baby as "she", "her" or "cheerleader". Even my mom has said that she has no real strong gut feeling about the sex of this one.

One thing (among many) that is new and different with this pregnancy is Braxton Hicks. Not a fan at all! I don't know if I can go another 7 weeks with them. I never had them with Carter and boy am I glad. I am so much more uncomfortable (and a LOT earlier) with the pregnancy than with Carter. I think I was quite a bit bigger with Carter, but everything is uncomfortable. I haven't slept all the way through the night in about 3 months. My feet and my back hurt daily, but I don't have the swelling (yet) that I did with Carter. Plus, I can't hardly breathe. I had someone ask me on the phone this morning if I was running because I sounded so out of breath.

I realize there's not a lot I can do about it now, but I would like to keep my weight gain to a minimum and since this is the time when they say you gain the most, I'm going to start walking on the treadmill here at school after work 3 or 4 days a week. I'm sure the damage is done, but I know that walking certainly won't hurt anything, especially the closer I get. :)

If any of you "veteran" mothers have any super top-secrets for sleeping dealing with Braxton Hicks, I would sure welcome that!! :)

0 comments: