Monday, September 27, 2010

Muddy Weekend

How about that Kansas weather, huh? I was pretty sure that when I woke up Saturday morning at 4:30 am, it was NOT supposed to rain. It was supposed to be sunny and 80 degrees. What do I know? Nothing I guess. Our garage sale was a big flop. I think the home K-State game at 11:30 really hurt us. We are going to try again this weekend. Hopefully we can make something happen this weekend. Luckily, as things were slowing down, we decided to close up shop around 11:00. Which was perfect timing. Because. It. Poured. It was raining and lightening so bad, they delayed the football game for an hour.

I was able to meet my husband at the Olive Garden for lunch. It was not great. Maybe they were having a bad day, but I was pretty disappointed that the short time I got to spend with my husband (and another couple) "celebrating" our anniversary was not at all what I had hoped for.

Sunday was a perfect day. Jeremy & Carter headed over to Jeremy's mom & dad's first thing to get started with moving the cows home. After I was done at church, I met everyone for lunch and then we were off to move the cows. The weather was perfect. The cows were cooperative. Carter and Andre were helpful, but not in the way. Everything went very smoothly - which is pretty unusual for us. :)

Get in the trailer!!

This is our bull-y. Doesn't he look mean?
He's actually really pretty gentle. Jeremy can pet him.

Watching the cows getting settled back at home...

Every cowboy needs to get muddy everyone once in a while... right?

But not just a little muddy...

... a lot of muddy!!

They'll wash, won't they?

The boys had so much fun running through the mud hole in Grandpa's driveway! They had sticks and were stirring us all up some Kool-Aid! It was quite the hoot!!

0 comments: