Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chapter 2

First things first:

Monday - Spaghetti
Wednesday - Fried Chicken
Thursday - Enchilada Casserole
Friday - Pizza

Chapter 2 - What a Husband Needs from His Wife

This chapter was about having quiet time with God. The author said she uses the acronym ACTS during her quiet time. Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving and Supplication. She talked about each of them at length. I realized that when I pray I tend to do a lot of asking. One of my favorite quotes from this chapter is "A heart full of thanksgiving has no room for complaints or negativity." Being thankful hasn't necessarily been hard for me, but I do take things for granted. A long time ago I made a point to not take things for granted. On my cell phone, I set it up to say "Be Thankful" so that every time I use my phone, I'm reminded to thank God. The author also talks about not only talking with God during quiet time, but listening as well. Just to be still. This is going to be hard for me. I think it mostly boils down to being forced to hear things that I may not want or be ready to hear.

This chapter is making me realize that before I can be the wife God wants me to be and the wife my husband needs me to be, I first have to be the woman that God wants me to be.

More to come...

2 comments:

Katie said...

Excellently said, Katie!!!

Melanie said...

Thank you so much for reading my books! I said a prayer today for your marriage. I find that marriage is a work-in-progress and that we can constantly work on making it stronger.

Many blessings - and I'd love some feedback after you've read! melanie