Monday, February 22, 2010

New Book

I'm reading a couple books right now - hard to do... The two big ones are Have a New Kid by Friday (yes, Erica, still reading it) and What a Husband Needs from His Wife. Don't misunderstand - things are good, but what can't be better? Any- and Everything could always be better...

I just started the What a Husband Needs... book this weekend and already, I'm having to look into a mirror that I don't really want to. I can really relate to the author, Melanie Chitwood. Her husband is a pilot and has to be gone a lot. She talks about how she was a stay-at-home mom (her dream) but started to resent him for being gone so much and leaving her alone. (She also wrote a book titled What a Wife Needs from Her Husband. I bought that one too...)

She makes a good point in the purpose of the book - when we get married, we go into it thinking about what we are going to get out of it - what our husbands will do for us. She pointed out that in Genesis, God said that when he made man, he thought that man needed a "helper". Yeah. So begins my journey to be more of a helper instead of being selfish and wondering "why aren't you ____ (fill in the blank) for me?" My thought was to post an overview of each chapter as I read it. Don't expect this to be daily. My goal would be to read 2-3 chapters a week, but I make no guarantees.

And yes, I still plan on Having a New Kid by Friday... :)

1 comments:

The 5 C's said...

I love you...

author is on p31 this morning am.

have a great day.