Friday, June 15, 2012

Tomorrow's the BIG Day!!

Tomorrow morning at 7:30 I will be running in my first ever competitive race.  I will be running in a 5K (3.1 miles) in our church's 14th Annual Alert Road Race.  This is something that they started years ago as a fund raiser for our youth group and every year it has grown bigger and bigger!  I am exited that some of my friends are running with me.  Or maybe I'm running with them?  Either way, my goal is to finish.  Without walking or stopping.  And I hope to finish in under 35 minutes.  I've run 3 miles a couple of times before in "training" just to prove to myself that I could do it.

It may be raining.  It may turn into a mud run as we are running part way on pavement, part way on country roads.  Should be a good time!!

Teresa, the gal who's putting this together (and does a fabulous job every year!) posted pictures of the trophies and awards and the T-shirt design on Facebook - here they are:




There's still time to join in the fun - you can register in the morning, the race (10K and 5K) starts at 7:30 and the 1 mile fun run/walk begins after that! Breakfast will be there... :)

0 comments: