Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

No pictures - sorry!!!  Funny story though...

I was on a committee Saturday night for a ladies outreach event at our church.  We had "Julia Child" come and do a presentation on a chicken casserole.  The thing was for us gals putting it on to make the casseroles and then "Julia" would demonstrate the preparation.  I am SO thankful that they didn't serve my casserole because I made it wrong!  Well, not entirely wrong, just not really the right way.  :)  You wouldn't believe the laughs I got from the other gals at the event.  :)

The recipe goes like this:


3 c. cooked chicken                       1/4 c. diced green pepper
2 c. cooked instant rice                  2/3 c. mayonnaise
2 c. shredded cheese                      1/2 c. sour cream
2 cans cream of chicken soup        1 c. chicken broth
  (I think you can use one cream    1 small can water chestnuts
  of mushroom or cream of celery)   (drained and cut up)
1/2 c. diced celery                          Crushed cornflakes or lightly
1/4 c. diced onion                          salted potato chips
1/4-1/2 t. salt
Mix together all ingredients except for the cornflakes or potatoe chips and put in a 9 x 13 pan.  Top with the flakes or chips.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

What I made was similar to this, except I didn't cook my rice and I blew off the cream soups.  I don't know what I was thinking!   All I saw were the ingredients and the part where it says to mix it all together and bake it.  Needless to say, it was not good.  But what I did, was take it home and mixed it all up with the soups, added some cheese to the top and baked it again!  It didn't turn out too bad!

I suggest you try it the correct way - it's better that way!!!

0 comments: