Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tasty Tuesday


Today I'm going to share with you another family favorite: Bacon Cheeseburger Rice.

Need I say more? Jeremy loves this recipe! When we get to the end, I'll tell you why...
I love it because it's fast. It basically takes enough time to brown the hamburger plus 7 minutes. That's it! Another quick go-to for my family.

You will need ground beef, instant rice, bbq sauce, minced onion (I used dried), mustard, shredded cheese, water, bacon, and pickles.

Start by browning your hamburger

Once that's done, add 2/3 cup BBQ sauce

a tablespoon of mustard (I used spicy brown mustard this time - really good!) and a few teaspoons of minced onion

Also add 1 3/4 cups water and 2 cups instant rice. Cover and bring to a boil. Once it boils, turn off the heat and remove from heat. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes.

In the meantime, chop up 1/3 cup dill pickles. THIS is Jeremy's favorite part. The first time I made this recipe, we were both very skeptical about the pickles, but it absolutely makes this dish, so please don't leave them out. Trust me. At least try it once, then you can leave them off if you don't love them. But just try it.

Maybe this should have gone at the top of the recipe, but I make my bacon in the oven. Put it in the oven first thing and really by the time everything else is done, the bacon should be ready. The recipe calls for 5 strips of bacon, but really? This was all I had left in the package, so I just used it. :)

After you let it sit and rice is done...

...and your bacon and pickles are all chopped up...

Cover the top with cheddar cheese, bacon and pickles and dig. in. You won't regret it, I promise!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so going to try this. Yummo. I wonder if it would taste good with cauliflower rice. Mmmmmmmm.