Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

I haven't done anything food related in too long! And since I love to eat so much I thought I'd try to do something a bit more regular. So Tasty Tuesday will be my effort to bring you a meal once a week. Now that I'm doing the menu plan, that should be easy!!

My first recipe post is one that my family loves (even Carter will eat it with minimal complaint!!). Stove Top Stroganoff. Here's what you need:

* 1 lb ground beef (hamburger)
* 1 can cream of mushroom soup
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 cup beef broth (I didn't have any so I used 1 cup water and 1 tsp. beef bouillan granules or 1 cube)
* 1/2 cup water
* 3 cups egg noodles

Brown the hamburger

Once the hamburger is cooked through, add the cream of mushroom,

the sour cream, (I use this measuring "cup" all the time!! I lovelovelove it!!) the beef broth, water,

and egg noodles. Stir it all together and bring to a boil. Cover and turn the heat down to low and simmer for 10 minutes.

Done! That's it!! If you let it sit a while, the sauce gets thick and creamy. Yum yum yum!! This is definitely one of my favorite I'm-short-on-time or I'm-too-lazy-to-cook meals. It's so fast and it's really good!! I also love this recipe because it's easy to modify. For instance, I had about a 1/2 cup of egg noodles left in the package. I just threw them in and added a bit more water. It's very versatile.

I plan to be back next Tuesday with another tasty recipe.

I'm linked up to this party today.

0 comments: