Thursday, December 15, 2011

Projects and Opinions

I have really enjoyed sewing lately - it's my new favorite hobby. So much in fact, that I have been considering how (and where) to make a permanent home for my sewing machine. Currently it's sitting on a borrowed folding table in my bedroom, and I'm sure my mom will want her table back soon.

Anyway, I can't share pictures or too much detail with you as most of the projects I'm working on or have finished are Christmas presents for people I know read this. At least I think they do. They tell me they do...

I will tell you that I've been doing a lot, a LOT, of looking for sewing projects and quilt patterns. I was recently introduced to Pintrest and that has been a lot of fun. I never knew you could do so much with a t-shirt! I actually made a scarf from a t-shirt the other night, but mine didn't turn out at all like the tutorial. Whatever. It's fine.

Projects I'm looking at doing in the future:
*Quilt/Blanket for Gemma's 1st birthday in February
*Quilt for our bed
*Sewing machine cover
*Making clothes and/or accessories for the kids and myself
*Making more Christmas and other gifts for friends and family

Now for your opinions - Here are a few ideas I have for Gemma's blanket/quilt. I'd love to have your vote/comments/opinions on any or all of them.

1.
2.

3.
4.
5.
6.
7.

And here's one I'm thinking of doing for me & Jeremy, only bigger and in different colors:

What are your favorites and why?

0 comments: