Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Done

I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping. We still have to get something for Jeremy's dad and Mindy's husband, but other than that I'm mostly done.

Last night I just finished up Carter's teacher gifts. I found the idea on Pintrest, right here in fact. Now, you might notice a slight difference in mine and the ones I found, but that's the point, right? Make it your own.

I started with a white mug from Wal-Mart for $1.50. I printed off the letters of the teachers' first initials and taped them on. Then I traced around them with a red fine-tipped Sharpie in the same color as my paint marker.

I got the paint marker at Hobby Lobby for $2.99. There was a variety of colors.

Next, I traced over the Sharpie outline with my paint marker. Some of them I filled completely, some I scribbled in and some I left alone.

Here are the finished mugs. I filled them with Christmas candy. Not too expensive and I think a fairly nice teacher's gift. I may just do this for all of Carter's teachers in years to come.

Oh!! Spoiler alert if one of Carter's teachers (or future teachers) is reading this! ;)

0 comments: