Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Traditions

I have never had much for our own traditions for holidays other than Thanksgiving and Christmas. We dress up for Halloween and go trick-or-treating, but other than that, I haven't done much on my own for my family when it comes to holidays. This will be a year of firsts in our house.

We have had pumpkins around the house before but we've never really carved them. (I don't like to pay for pumpkins, so if we can't "find" them, we don't get them.) This year, we landed on 5 pumpkins. So we decorated them - potato-head style.

My mom found us a set of these fun little plastic eyes, mouths, noses and ears a few years ago. Carter had a ball using these! He's big enough now where he can almost punch them in by himself, but he still needed a little mom-muscle.

I think I might try to talk Jeremy into carving the other 3 sometime this week if he can get home before dark. :)

0 comments: