Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Surprise in Disguise

My husband's dear, dear cousin live near Sabetha. She is a gem! She has four children and if it were medically safe for her, she'd have 12 - more. After her fourth, she decided that since she couldn't have any more of her own, her next mission is to adopt a baby from Guatemala, just because she likes the way it sounds. :)

Anyway, she had a nice Lands End diaper bag that she was going to give us to use, since she didn't need it anymore.

Since we are getting down to the wire (13 days till the due date!!) I asked her to please mail it to me, so we could pack it for the trip to the hospital. I got the box yesterday. When I looked at the postage, I was shocked that it cost $9.16. For a diaper bag??!! When I opened the box and pulled out the diaper bag, I thought - no wonder... this thing weighs a ton. As nice as it is, do I really wanna lug around this heavy thing?

That's when I started some investigating. In both of the end pockets was bottle of baby lotion and a bottle of baby shampoo. I thought that was a nice gesture, but then got curious. I unzipped the top. And then I shut it again. We had a doctor's appt. to be at and the roads were not great last night, so I decided to unpack it when we got home.

When we got home and I unpacked it, I realized why it took almost $10 to ship! She has planned for every occasion. Clear at the bottom was 3 stacks of new born diapers. She thought of everything!
Thank you, Debbie, for taking such joy in babies - even if they're not your own!!

3 comments:

The 5 C's said...

How neat. That is what a cool idea. Thinking you will be needing more pink than blue, but you never know!
Love ya

The Chance Family said...

That is really neat! Such a nice person! :)

Tiffany said...

How cool! Aaron is from SAbetha as well - I wonder if he knows your hubby's cousin! Congrats on the new baby too. Anxious to see pictures!