Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Birthday


My husband had a birthday yesterday. He turned 31. He does NOT like being in his thirties. He tried to convince me yesterday that I should have the baby on his birthday so people would forget about his and from now on only focus on the baby's birthday. Sounds logical, right?

I felt bad that we didn't do anything extravagant for his birthday. Well, I guess we sort of did - last weekend we all went out to eat at the Japanese Steakhouse and went to the hockey game again, just like last year. And wouldn't you know, my preg-nesia was in full force that day and I forgot my camera. Luckily, we ended up getting much better seats than we thought. We got to sit in the "party zone". Right on the floor in front of the glass at bar tables & stools with our own personal bartender. Pretty cool. It was especially nice that would could get up, stand, walk around and have a chance to talk with everyone in our group - not just the people sitting in the seats next to you. Jeremy and a couple of his friends (one of whom is a teacher) got selected to play a Kansas quiz game during a break, since it was Kansas Day. They did ok answering the questions correctly, until it came to the state tree. The choices were elm, cottonwood and oak. They guessed oak. ???? We all had a good chuckle at their expense. ;) He got a hat and t-shirt for being such a good sport.

So yesterday, on his birthday, Carter sang him Happy Birthday before he left for work. Then I made pork chops, mashed potatoes with gravy and green beans for dinner. We gave him his gift (steak knives from CSN - more on that in another post) and Jeremy and Carter had fun messing around the rest of the night.

I however, was not feeling very well - I packed my hospital bag last night. Not really feeling much of anything, but just not feeling right. I asked Jeremy if it would be silly to take my bag to my appt. tonight. He said "They are NOT going to put you in tonight..." Probably not, but boy would I feel bad if he had to go back home to get it. :)

I am thankful that my husband loves his job, because I can't imagine anyone having to work outside all day in this cold and snow! He truly has a passion for what he does for a living to support us and that is one of the many, many things I love about him!

Happy Birthday, Jer! We love you to the stars and the moon and back!

0 comments: