Monday, January 17, 2011

Snow Fun

I was going to wait a little while before posting our snow day(s) pictures, but with the sounds of more snow coming later in the week I thought I should post these now and then maybe some more later...

Why is it that kids only want to play in the snow for 1 or 2 days? It sometimes (like this time) hangs around for days or weeks - but they don't want to go outside after the first day or two... I guess the new really does wear off. :)



There may be "... no crying in baseball..." but I guess snow is acceptable!
After he made me clean off the snow on the slide, he decided it was safe to go down. After each time Carter would go down, I'd have to build up a big pile at the bottom for him to crash into!

Ah, the sled. This sled actually pulls really easily, which is good for me now because I've gained a little extra weight! ;) However, when there is 7 or 8 inches of snow, that's tends to be a little more difficult, just because all the snow piles up in the front. We did, however make our way through the yard pretty easily!

And, Carter loves to torment our dog, Titan. I'm not sure how many snowballs the poor dog got hit with before he figured it out and went back to the dog house. :)

This year I wanted Carter to make a snow angel. He refused. So, I got down in the snow and made one first to show him. I won't tell you how long it took me to get up!!

After he saw Mom do it, he left me stranded on my back in the snow. Just kidding!! He decided that maybe they could be fun after all and made 2 or 3. ;)

I love snow days, especially when I get to stay home. I'm so thankful that I have a job that benefits me with these days off (as well as Christmas and Spring Breaks) and I don't always have to go in to, but I always have the option to if I want.

0 comments: