Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Calzones - My Way

I'm pretty sure that I've mentioned before that I really love the PW Cookbook I got for Christmas. Most of the recipes are simple enough and so far I haven't found one that I don't like.
So, I decided to make Calzones. Again. They are pretty darn good. Except this time, I was feeling tired (lazy) and was trying to find shortcuts. Here's what I did:

I used refrigerated biscuits instead of making a pizza dough. One suggestion, I would NOT recommend using the flaky biscuits. They tasted good, but can be a little hard to work with. It's all I had.

After I browned the hamburger, I added the tomato sauce, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, cumin, oregano and chili powder.


I rolled out the biscuits using flour to prevent sticking.

Then I added Monterey Jack cheese.

And some of the meat mixture.

Sealed them all up tight and baked them until they looked done.

They turned out pretty darn good. We even did some with just the cheese for Carter.

0 comments: