Monday, August 2, 2010

News

I'm sure most of you have Facebook, but I don't and I don't know who else doesn't so here is the news I have on Erica. Carter and I visited her on Friday and I've talked to her every day since. The surgery went REALLY well! They ended up fusing 4 vertebrae together with metal rods and plates with pins and screws and such. Friday morning when I got there, they had already measured her and were fitting her with her brace. She was able to get up and walk to the other side of the hall right then! Amazing!! She was still in a lot of pain on Saturday, but they had taken out the catheter and her morphine drip. She felt better with the brace on - I think just more stability. When I talked to her Sunday, she was feeling ok - still pretty tired. She was able to sit up on the edge of her bed and eat breakfast and was also able to get up and brush her teeth by herself! I don't know if they've decided on a come-home date, but from what I understand it could be as early as today, but I would guess more on tomorrow or Wednesday.

Like I said, if you have Facebook, you are likely more up to date than I am.

Thank you all for your continued prayers, visits, phone calls, and flowers. I know that Brent and Erica really appreciate the wonderful friends they have!! As soon as know any more, I'll be sure to pass it along.

0 comments: