Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Some Success - Finally!

Since Sunday, Carter has been mostly wearing underwear. Don't get me wrong, there have been a handful of accidents, some worse than others, but for the most part, things are going very well!! He went all day yesterday at Tiffy's with no accidents - he even went #2 in the potty!! He did wear a diaper at nap time, but Tiff said it was completely dry when he woke up! YEAH CARTER!!! At home, things are ok. Carter's not one to tell you he has to go, you just have to take him. More often than not, he'll put up a fight, but once you remind him that he gets C-A-N-D-Y as a reward for going pee in the potty, he usually beats you to the bathroom. We've also been hanging out in the bathroom reading books and singing "Farmer in the Dell" (his current favorite) a lot too during this process. I know there will be some setbacks and accidents, but over all things are going much smoother than ever before. This is the first time we've gone several days and things are still staying on track.

I will have to stock up on more C-A-N-D-Y, though. Carter is not swayed by just 2 or 3 M&Ms. Right now we are going through all the Valentine's candy (thank you Aunts & Uncles & Grandparents & Daycare), but at the rate we're going, that won't last much longer. Any suggestions on purchases? I hate the idea of him being all hopped-up on sugar all the time, but I really don't want to loose momentum here. I know that once things become more comfortable and routine, we'll forego the reward every single time, but right now, things are going too good to stop. I am thinking little individual candies, like tiny snickers, or something. What do you think?

3 comments:

The 5 C's said...

Skittles, m and m's, chocolate chips are easier in my opinion, oh and reeese piececs are a good one too! Good Job Carter.

Katie said...

Hooray for Carter! I'm with Erica - single candies are easiest, and cheapest. Breck wasn't too happy with 2 or 3 single candies, either, but I gave him the choice of either getting no candy or 2 candies...guess which he chose! ;)

Geiger Family said...

I agree - I guess I should stop allowing him to have a few choc. chips as a "snack". Mother of the Year again, I guess... :)
The bad news is that we've been trying to rid the house of Valentine's candy, so if I go from PB cups to 2 or 3 candies, WW III will break out! My fault I suppose...