Monday, November 2, 2009

Mother of the Year Award

That's right. I've earned it. You wanna know how I earned it? I didn't take any pictures of my one and only son in his Halloween costume. None. Not one. Well, I take that back - I took one on my phone to send to his dad on Friday night when we went trick-or-treating in Westloop, but that's it! Here's my defense (though I don't think it would hold up in court): Carter was a lion this year. His costume was big & bulky which means I couldn't buckle him in his carseat while he was wearing it. So we drive, we stop, we get dressed, we're off. By the way, did you know he's 2? I'm just saying, that makes a difference in the photo opportunities I may, but most likely won't get. I carried my camera with us everywhere we went, but between carrying the goody bag, and carrying him, I didn't find the opportunity to take a picture.

You wanna know something else? I didn't take any pictures last Halloween either. The ONE picture I have is thanks to Carrie, his babysitter last year.

How do I make this up? Would it be too cheesy to put him in his costume tonight and take a picture? You'd never know the difference would you? Well, I guess you would now. Me and my big mouth...I think that deserves another award? :)

2 comments:

The 5 C's said...

Do it. Do it. Think of the stories to tell his girlfriends, wife and grandkids. What does he know? You can Halloween every day of the year if you want.....Go for it...

Geiger Family said...

I will. I'm gonna do it! I'll try and post it tomorrow! Thanks for the push.