Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Hunt Goes On

As I posted before, I totaled our Durango a couple of weeks ago... we still have yet to purchase a new vehicle.  My husband and I can't seem to agree on anything.  Maybe I'm just too picky and he's frugal.  Not a bad thing, but...  I'm almost ready to tell him to just go buy something that he approves of and bring it home and say "SURPRISE!!!".  (I'm pretty sure I'd regret that, but at least then we'd have a vehicle!)  We have been fortunate enough that Jeremy's boss has let us borrow his Yukon Denali for the last 2 weeks.  Thanks, Clayton! Anyway, here are pictures of the Durango as it currently sits at my in-laws' house.  


This is (obviously) the side it landed on when we flipped over.
This is where I hit the tree that caused us to flip.  In looking at these, I still can't believe they considered it a total loss, but I have no idea if there was anything mechanically wrong.  Maybe that was the deal-breaker...

I will keep you all posted as the hunt continues for a vehicle we both like as much as this one. I don't like car shopping - I'd much rather shoe shop or bra shop, and those of you who know me well, fully understand what I'm saying here. 

0 comments: