Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Breakfast Love

My husband is a huge fan of breakfast.  Me - not so much.  I think the major reason is because I don't get up early enough to make and enjoy breakfast without feeling stressed or behind.  I'm more likely to bring breakfast with me to work.

In an effort to show the hubby a little love, I decided to do some make-ahead breakfast sandwiches.  He works out in the heat all day - he totally deserves some substance in the morning.  You can find a ton of ideas on pintrest.  Trust me.  I took lots of those ideas and threw them together.  Here's what I came up with:


Ingredients:
English muffins
Eggs
Breakfast Sausage
Cheese

To start, I laid out a big piece of waxed paper and threw down the roll of breakfast sausage.  I put cold water on my hands and spread it out.  Then I used my biscuit cutter and cut out 12 sausage patties. (Carter had one, Gemma had one and I had one.  I only had 9 English muffins...) I covered my jelly roll pan with foil, then my silicone baking sheet and then laid out the sausage patties

Next I took 6 or 8 eggs, and mixed them up with S & P and a splash of water and poured those into muffin tins.  I put the eggs and sausages in the oven at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes.  

Now, the easy part - assembly!  Sliced English muffins, layer a slice of cheese, a sausage patty, and egg.  I wrapped them up in plastic wrap and popped them in the freezer.  Easy peasy.  

And yes, watching my hubby eat one this morning was totally worth the 20 minutes of effort!!  

0 comments: