Monday, November 21, 2011

So Sore


Ever heard of Jillian Michaels? They say she's the toughest trainer on TV. I don't usually watch TV with trainers, but recently I decided to challenge myself and I bought The 30 Day Shred DVD. Yes - she's tough. I did my first session on Friday night. Saturday morning I was stiff and sore. I did another session first thing Saturday morning and once I started I was feeling better. By Sunday morning, I couldn't hardly move!

I always liked to think that between hauling kids and car seats around that I was fairly strong or tough. Boy, was I wrong! The DVD is broken down into 3 levels. Once you "master" the first level, you move to level two, then three. Each level has 3 circuits: 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, and 1 minute abs for a total of 20 minutes. I do ok with the cardio and the abs, its the strength that kills me. every. time.

I've completed 3 days so far. I have every intention of going the full 30 days, no matter what gets in my way. Except maybe Thanksgiving Day. I might purposely skip that day. Since I didn't follow through on my goal to loose 30 pounds by my 30th birthday, I'll try again, Jillian-style.

0 comments: