Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I Dare You - The Beginning

Last night we started a Bible study on the book 1000 Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are.


It is written by Ann Voskamp. If you haven't read or even heard of this book, I highly recommend you find the nearest bookstore and buy it. Today. Right now.

The book is about her quest to find true joy and a full life and she realizes that it starts with Thanksgiving. Echaristeo. She takes a dare to come up with 1000 things she's thankful for. 1000 gifts from God. 1000 gifts to her. I have accepted this challenge.

My very good friend and neighbor, Laura, is leading this Bible study. She also has used me as a sort of guinea pig and made up a Gratitude Journal for me a few weeks before we started this study. I am up to 134 and adding several daily.

The author has published her journal on her blog. I believe she's up to 2,516 or more!

I dare you. I dare you to find 1000 gifts (or more) in your life. You'll be amazed at the self transformation that takes place when we slow down and realize how blessed we are with every.little.thing. And the big things. I challenge you to start your own gratitude journal. I will be checking in every Tuesday with a few entries from my own journal.

110. Color
65. God's timing
3. Dark Chocolate
115. Long, sweeping eyelashes on a sleeping baby

0 comments: