Thursday, April 14, 2011

Before and After

Carter, Gemma and I went to South Dakota for spring break with my mom, my sister and her kids. We were gone for 5 days. I talked to Jeremy the night before we came home and he told me he had a surprise for me. He told me that we were getting new flooring in our dining room, kitchen and entry way! We had long talked about it but Jeremy had arranged for it to finally be done! He was really trying to have it done while we were away so it would be a big surprise for us when we got back, but it just didn't work out that way. The best part of all? We only had to pay for installation! That's right - ONLY installation! How did we get such a great deal on laminate flooring? you ask. Family ties. When Jeremy's sister built her house, she ended up with a bunch of left over flooring. Since she moved to Texas and she is renting out her house, they had to do something with it. So it came to live under our feet. I LOVELOVELOVE it!! Our installer got it all done in one day! And even he gave us a great deal. Here are the before's and after's:
Dining Room Before

Dining Room After

Kitchen Before

Kitchen (and pantry) After

Bonus - Front Entry Way


It makes everything else look a little worn and old. It makes me want to paint - everything - really badly!! Thanks to my wonderful husband for setting this up. And thanks, Mindy, for buying too much flooring!! ;)


1 comments:

The 5 C's said...

LIKE, LIKE, LIKE...The floors look great. NOW to get MY husband to do the same!!!