Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Girl Talk

I had finally resigned myself to the fact that this baby may very well be a girl. But I had an OB appt. yesterday. Dr. Welch said the heartbeat was 132. I remembered the wives tale about anything below 140 is a boy, anything above is a girl. And I remembered the sono tech telling me this was typically more likely to be true as you get closer to term. (I only have 5 weeks left.) This whole time the heartbeat has been steadily dropping - starting in the 170s to 160s and holding steady recently in the 150s. Now it's 132. The lowest its ever been. So then, I go back to my "it's definitely a boy" stance. (Never mind the fact that Carter's heartbeat was always in the 150-160 range.) And then I hear from Jeremy's cousin this morning, who said her second child's heartbeat was 134.



Her name is Grace.

Twelve hours ago I was so sure... again... but now I'm back to having no idea.

4 comments:

The 5 C's said...

Oh Lord...you better have a name that can go either way or one of each BEFORE you go to Hospital. Garrett 130's. Maddie's 150's Owen's 140's...Take your pick. Your Welcome! Love ya!

Geiger Family said...

As of Sunday we have one complete boy name and two mostly complete girl names. We are thinking on a second boy name, just in case. Love you too!!

Hays Family 5 said...

It's a baby! You will bring it home and you will know what to do with it--love it to pieces!

Now naming it is a whole 'nother deal....but here is a really nice name for you....Kelli is a nice name for a boy (Kelly) or a girl. And it sounds lovely with Geiger. Go ahead. Try it out. You know you want to....Kelli/Kelly Geiger.

Just sayin'. (and if you need a middle name....I got one of those for you, too!)

Love ya!

Geiger Family said...

You're right - Kelly/Kelli Geiger does have a nice ring to it. :)

We actually have one full boy's name picked out and two and half girls' names. The pressure's on...