Tuesday, November 2, 2010

CSN Reviews

This time around I chose two items to review.

The first was a silicone baking mat:
I LOVE this product. I used it over the weekend to bake cookies. First of all, I have to tell you I'm still in the process of perfecting my favorite cookie recipe, altering the amount of flour and baking times. But this mat, was a definite plus! The cookies didn't stick AT ALL, even if some of the chocolate chips melted down through the bottom. I didn't even need a spatula - I could pick them up off the cookie sheet with my hands!! It is dishwasher safe, but I didn't do that. I'm not sure how well it will sit in the dishwasher because it's flexible. It's flexibility actually made it a bit tough to clean, but it wiped up great. Best of all, this particular one was super affordable - less than $10!!! I would highly recommend it (or something similar)!!

The next product I chose to review was a food chopper:

Not the most expensive model, I know. But I cook a lot with onions, potatoes & garlic so I thought this might be helpful. So far I have only used it with onions. I like it, but I don't love it - yet. With the onions there were no tears. Just one push of the lever and I was done. As a bonus, it came with three little tupperwares with lids - like I need more of those. ;) I can see myself using this with potatoes, bell peppers, carrots, celery, etc. especially now that soup season is upon us. Besides just veggies, I think I can use this with cheese, when I make homemade mac n' cheese or with apples for desserts. As far as cleaning goes, it may prove to be a little difficult, depending on what you're chopping. There is a nice little "screen" that fits on that section on the top lever (see picture) that so that when you pull it off, all the stuff stuck in the little crevices comes out. That's handy! However, the whole thing doesn't come apart - at least I haven't figured that part out yet. But, that may not be such a big deal, because the chopping blades (there are 2) come out and are dishwasher safe. All the food that you chop falls into those little tupperwares. So really, it may just require a quick wipe down. Overall, like I said, so far I like it, but I don't love it. I'm hoping to find more uses for it so it doesn't end up at my next garage sale.

I guess it's time to start browsing the website to see what I'd like to review next... :)

1 comments:

The Chance Family said...

I love shopping with them. Its cheaper and less chaotic than Wal-Mart too sometimes!!!! :)