Monday, May 10, 2010

Whatta Weekend!!

This weekend was full, full, full!

Friday when I picked up Carter from daycare, he (actually "Grandma" Terrie) presented me with this for Mother's Day:


Saturday morning (and the better part of the afternoon) was spent helping Jeremy and his folks sort, work and move cattle. I wish I had taken pictures, but it's hard for me to carry around a camera while trying to shuffle cows & calves this way and that. Saturday evening was spent celebrating my cousin Jill's marriage to a great guy, Larry. The wedding was beautiful, the reception was fun and we were all tired by the end of the night!


The grandkids in their wedding best...

Sunday was, overall, a really great day. Sunday morning was church, and then we went to my sister's for lunch. My brother and his family were around because of Jill's wedding, so it was nice to be able to spend with them.

Right before lunch, before anyone else was there, Carter was involved in a complete freak accident. Carter had his thumb in an unfortunate position in a door with Owen on the other side. After some blood, sweat and tears, this was the end result, several hours later:


I know the pictures aren't the best - have you ever tried to take a picture of an injured 2 year old? :)

As of last night and this morning, he'll tell you he has a big owie, but otherwise fine. He slept really good last night, so Erica, please don't loose any sleep over this! :)

We spent Sunday evening with Jeremy's mom and dad and Andre. They boys picked flowers for me & Grandma.




His injury didn't slow him down much. He found an old yucky apple in Grandpa's shop and he was just sure that the cows would love that for a treat...


Oh, and then I check my email and find this:

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day and and fabulous weekend - to make up for all the rain we're getting right now... :)

2 comments:

The 5 C's said...

Soooooo glad he slept good. I am guessing he slept better than O who didn't want to sleep at 4:30am!Grrr....Hoping it gets better quickly.

So what did you win?

Geiger Family said...

From Karen Ehman's website -
It includes:
A copy of the newly released book by Brenda Poinsett entitled The Friendship Factor; Why Women Need Other Women
A bottle of Bath & Bodyworks lotion in one of my favorite fruity scents: Pearberry
A $10 Starbucks gift card so you can take another woman out for coffee; perhaps someone who is an “other mother” to you or a woman to whom you can be a mentor.
A sweet notecard from www.frameofmidonline.com that reads: “Some people come into our lives, leave footprints and we are never the same.” Send it to someone who needs to hear that from you this week.