Monday, February 23, 2009

Work, Work, Play, Work

Since we had Parent/Teacher Conferences at school last week, I got Friday off - YEA!!!  So, I did the most fun thing I could think of to do that day...  I went to the eye doctor!  Ok, so not the most fun, but something that needed to be done, nonetheless.  My husband agreed to have Carter ride along with him that morning to do chores & things so I could get in and out of my eye appointment with no major episodes.  I know, I love him, too!  When I got back, Carter and I rode around with Dad for a little while, helping him feed bales and feed and then went home for lunch.  Nothing very exciting happened after that, trust me.  Saturday was a little more exciting - Carter and I got up and got dressed and left with Dad to do a full day of chores.  I didn't know at the time that it would be a full day, but it was a lot of fun.  For me, since I work in the office all day, it was nice to get outside and do something a little bit more physically demanding that what I'm normally used to.  A hour or so into our adventure, Jeremy's dad showed up and took Carter with him.  I helped Jer move some pairs into a separate pen.  That was fun...  but the "funnest" part of the day was seeing all the calves.  Jeremy has just started into his "season", but already it's my most favorite time of year.  All the little dudes and dudettes (or Randy's and Randi's as my husband calls EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE THEM...) are running around, full of spunk, enjoying the... spring... weather.  I love it.  Then on Saturday night we went to some friends' house for game night.  Its a pretty fun little thing that we've got going - we get together with 2 or 3 other couples once a month or so and all the kids run around wild and we eat and play games and just have a good time.  Thanks, Aric & Amy for hosting it the last 2 times!  On Sunday, Jeremy got ready to go do chores and Carter asked if he was going "bye bye".  When Jeremy said yes, the next thing we know, Carter has left and come back with his "chore" coat.  So, once again, Carter and I get dressed in our outside clothes on another adventure with Dad.  We fed bales, we fed grain, we pet the donkey (Fred),  we "Shoo Cows", we miss the miracle of a natural birth by 15 minutes, and just when we think it's almost over and we can go have lunch...  
Jeremy says "I don't like the way that cow looks.  I bet the calf is all twisted up in there..."  So Jeremy S. (the other Jeremy that works with my husband) and I push this cow up to the barn. They get her in the chute and put on their fun shoulder gloves, etc. and can't find the feet.  After they call the vet and she comes to take a look, they decide that the calf is curled up in a little ball.  They do a C-Section.  If you've never seen a C-Section on a cow, it's a pretty interesting experience.  There's a reason I didn't take pictures.  Well, two reasons actually, one being I wasn't prepared and didn't have my camera, and two, its something you should see of your own free will, not because someone tricked you into it by posting pictures on the internet...  
So long story short, with my long weekend, we did some work, some play and more work, but I cherished it all.  This time of year its not uncommon for me to not see Jeremy but an hour or 2 a day, so I'm really enjoying all this time that he and I and Carter can spend together!
I will try to get out more this week and weekend and get some pictures up of the little guys & gals and post those.  Everything but the C-Section...


1 comments:

Hays Family 5 said...

Man...that would be a cool blog post! I would love to see that in pictures....you gotta take that camera the next time you go out just in case something cool like that comes along!

Kelli