I know you all have been on the edge of your seats since my last post. As promised, I'm going to share with you a list of ways white vinegar can enrich your life... :)
1. Laundry - 1 cup added to a load of laundry can freshen and brighten clothing. Always test on a small, nonvisible section of clothing.
2. Wrinkle Spray - Mist dried, wrinkled clothing with mixture of 1 part vinegar and 3 parts water. Hang to dry.
3. Ease Sunburn/Bug Bites/Poison Ivy or Poison Oak Rashes - Dab affected area with cotton ball saturated with vinegar.
4. Clean Store Bought Produce - Combine 4 tablespoons of vinegar with 1 gallon of water. Rinse produce with mixture to clean.
5. Protect Garden from Unwanted Pests - Soak rags in vinegar and place them on stakes around the perimeter of the garden. The rags should be soaked again every 7 to 10 days to refresh.
6. Get Rid of Room Odors - Get rid of cigarette and paint odors by setting out bowls 3/4 full of vinegar.
7. Remove White Rings from Wood Furniture - Mix equal parts of Olive Oil and vinegar. Using a soft cloth, apply mixture, moving with the wood grain. Use a fresh cloth to polish to a shine.
8. Get Rid of Mildew - Spray on bathtubs, painted surfaces, tile (except marble, limestone and travertine), plastic curtains and bathroom fixtures.
9. Remove Odors from Hands - Rub vinegar into hands before and after handling strong smelling foods like onions, garlic & fish.
10. Deodorize Kitchen Drains - Pour 1 cup of vinegar down the drain and let stand for 30 minutes. Run cold water to rinse. This can be done once a week.
11. Keep Cheese Fresh - Dampen a cloth or paper towel with vinegar and wrap cheese. Store in a zip top bag in your refrigerator.
Some of these I know are fairly common, but some I was amazed at. If I find more, I'll post them. If anyone else has any great household tips, I'd love to know them. I hope at one person finds some of this information helpful!! :)